Friday, June 20, 2014

Best...Meal...Ever!!!


Kudos to Capital Grille in Tampa, FL for what might be the best meal I’ve ever experienced. I say “experienced” because from the moment my friend and I entered the restaurant, we were treated as if we were the most special diners of the evening.
Since I was celebrating my birthday early, I was treated to a long stem rose (it actually SMELLED like a rose), birthday confetti artfully placed on one corner of the table, and a birthday card. The meal was exquisite: lobster bisque soup, bone-in Kona crusted sirloin steak, potatoes au gratin, grilled asparagus, and 3 freshly baked breads.
The surprise of the evening was dessert. Once all dishes had been cleared away, a platter with a miniature cheesecake and a miniature no-flour chocolate cake was placed in front of me. The words HAPPY BIRTHDAY between the two samplings made me smile, and a small lit candle stood in a fluffy whipped cream base.
But what made the meal spectacular was the service. I’ve never – and I mean never – eaten anywhere that catered to its customers the way Capital Grille did to us. Our waiter was friendly, sincere, had a slightly quirky sense of humor, and was gracious every minute. Then he took a picture to commemorate the evening and made sure we each had a copy of it.
If you’re ever in Tampa near the International Mall, or even if you’re not near the mall but can make your way there, please consider dining at Capital Grille. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment