Saturday, July 5, 2014

Jig of Joy...One Step At A Time

Taking on a new project or beginning a fresh journey can be filled with excitement and expectations. Motivation is high and inspiration overflows. We enjoy the idea of creation and victory.

But what if the journey is a re-do? What if the path is one we've walked numerous times. Maybe we saw a modicum of success, or maybe we made it to the top of those stairs and danced a Jig of Joy for a short while. Or maybe we tried and failed...and tried and failed...and... Well, you get the idea.

Today I begin a difficult journey that is always full of pitfalls and challenges. It is one where I will be tested over and over again. This endeavor requires commitment, discipline, perseverance, and faith.

However, this time something is different. Even though I know the rugged mountain I'll face, it's okay. I'm standing at the bottom, looking up, wondering how long it will take to climb...and I'm not scared. I don't want to give up. I'm not feeling defeated before I even begin.

The key to this daunting climb is one step at a time. Not giant steps expecting immediate results. Not leaps and bounds to hear the accolades of friends and family. Just one tiny baby step...then another...then another, until I'm done.

How many steps before I do the Jig of Joy?

I'll let you know when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment