Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Joyous Steps to a New Future

     Before the end of the school year, I promised to post my side of the story about being dismissed from Oklahoma Christian School after more than 20 years of faithful service. I wrote and rewrote and revised several different drafts.
     At the risk of sounding like Hillary, I have to ask: What difference does it make?
     It makes a lot of difference to me, but my focus can’t be on what was done TO me. I must focus on what God is doing FOR me. I can’t stay tethered to the past and expect to move forward into the future He is preparing.
     I choose to revel in the freedom He has given me and enjoy this exciting new venture. I choose to trust Him and believe that He guides every step, as He has ALWAYS done, in every area of my life. And I choose to be an example of His love to those I meet, teach, and love.
     Let me again thank everyone for the love and encouragement and prayers you have offered in the past weeks. Each Facebook message…text…email…phone call…tweet…all are part of the blessings I have experienced, and they are truly appreciated. You have each been an integral part of the journey, and I ask for your continued prayers.
     Without a doubt, I am excited about continuing my writing career. My publisher has been wonderfully supportive during this time, and I want to thank them. In March 2015, my first full-length novel Midnight Diamonds debuted as Book One of the Rivers Brothers trilogy. Sapphire Dreams, Book Two, is due for release soon, followed by Ruby Starlight, Book Three, this Fall.
     Will there be more blog posts? Oh, yes...but this chapter is closed. Let's dance our way into a new beginning, directed by "His marvelous light"!!
      Blessings to one and all! If I could shout from the rooftops, it would be a joyous cry of delight at my Lord’s marvelous timing. I do not know what the future holds, but I do know Who holds the future. As I take each step, I am reminded of these wonderful words:

I John 4:4 - “Greater is He that is in me, than he who is in the world.”

Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Romans 8:31 - What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a door has to close for another to open Cynthia. I can't wait to see your next titles.

    God bless,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete